This weekend’s post is coming to you from my husband Tyson. Sharing a few of his favourite things from this week.
• Welcome to the Soul Arch Yoga retreat in Costa Rica. Keely and I did this last spring and it was a bucket list experience. Highly recommended for spring 2016. BTW, it takes place on the Nicoya Peninsula, which is a surfer’s paradise. Pura Vida!
“A wise man once said ‘Between stimulus and reaction there is a space. In that space lies our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.’ “ – Whit Hornsberger
Keely: These monkeys were having a patio party while we were out for the day.
• Monday brought the liberating news that the Emperor Harper-tine era of ruining our country is over. Ding dong, the witch is dead.
Here’s an open letter from the Justin Trudeau, this part I particularly like. Science is our hope: “The muzzling of scientists and the Conservative suppression of scientific information is an assault on democracy and an embarrassment to Canada on the international stage. The Liberal Party of Canada is committed to revoking the rules and regulations that muzzle government scientists and allow them to speak freely about their work…”
A good start for sure, here’s hoping they follow through.
• Monday was a pretty decent night: The official Star Wars trailer was released, as well. Can’t contain my inner child excitement.
• Back to the Future! Wednesday was 10/21/15, the date Marty McFly went to in the future with Doc. Well, the future is now, make your own.
• CBC’s satire radio show This is That is brilliantly funny. If you haven’t caught their show, usually Thursday at 11:30am, here’s a link to their page with all past shows and segments.
• Finally, a nod to the late, great Carl Sagan. My hero, so named our Lab Retriever after him. Taken from his book ‘Pale Blue Dot’, an important message we all should hear.
Photo: From our trip to Costa Rica. There’s awesome tidal pools, the size of swimming pools to soak in.